Tuesday 22 March 2011

AOL Grrr!!!!!!

.
 I'm phoned at home by AOL. After 12 years as a "faithful" customer they offer me a single month free, if, yes, if I sign up to a no get out contract for the next 18 months. I ask you. I politely refuse and point out that if I move to Plusnet I would save £180 over the same period.

Immediately after this little chat my AOL connection begins struggling to load pages with a speed averaging 230-350kb. I can't load photos, can't use Ebay, Paypal etc etc - Spite? Coincidence? Whatever, NOT a great incentive to sign up for another 18 months, is it fellas?

On a positive note - I dropped into Model Zone in Aberdeen and found OO scale cars from a James Bond diecast car collection that were on sale for £1 each.

So I picked up two of the Lotus Esprit 'submarine' models. You know, the sports car that turned into a submarine in The Spy Who Loved Me. Not because I'm a trousers made out of jam Bond fan, but because they make pretty decent 15mm Sci Fi civilian grav cars.

And on that bombshell....... 



Cheers
Mark

9 comments:

  1. It would not surprise me if that was not a coincidence...

    I'm surprised that Brits actually get AOL... I mean, we don't even use it in the States, really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AOL? They provide internet access? I thought that they were a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plusnet i'd never heard of them until today, typical and i've just signed up for a 12 month BT unlimited download contract only last week.

    On a different aside are you sure that you and the Dropship Bunny aren't a Bond and bond girl duo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re the JB cars, picked up 8 for 99p each. You can never have too many Airraft/Speeders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil, she'll love that!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. AOL still exists? I too thought that was a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AOL did exactly the same to me after i demanded a new modem .... trouble is they aren't AOL anymore - they were bought out in the UK by carphone warehouse ..

    ReplyDelete